1) High strength
For competent production of durable and high purity copper in electro-refining as well as electro-winning operations, it is required to control the impurity level. The contaminants are problematic due to the composition of the feedstock. Typical contaminants available in electro-refining as well as electro-winning operations are:
Constantly or periodically bleed off de-copperized electrolyte to maintain contaminants at suitable level is the standard process. While this eradicates the impurity problem, major consignment of precious chemicals are misplaced. Highly acidic waste exhausted electrolyte must be balance with lime or caustic ensuring huge quantities of waste sludge that should be disposed.
In copper refinery, slime is killing the superiority of cathode that further affects the dispatch-ability of cathode, therefore it filters the electrolyte.
For handling huge volume sludge, there are numerous updated technologies accessible but the management of systems as well as economics is very tough and expensive, therefore conservative design FOTI is acknowledged for such application. This labour design is intensive as the mud particles are available in 15-2 microns with any mechanization slime handling becomes monotonous and costly.
1) Contaminants, provided in the electrolyte bleed, are removed by the FOTI system to recycle the electrolyte.
2) In some cases, these quantities are converted into a precious by-product.
The profits of these TFI Electrolyte Purification Systems are:
1) Augmented electrolytic process competence (lower voltage/higher current efficiency)
2) Higher cathode purity
3) Increased electrolyte purity (lower quantity level)
4) Reduced lime and sulfuric acid purchases
5) Reduced waste treatment costs
6) Revenue from valuable sale by products
Technical Service and Support:
1) 24/7 telephone access to technical services support
2) Design, development and engineering
3) Extensive spare parts record for next day shipment of the most replacement parts
4) From consultation to after-sales service in 8 operating phases
5) Full service programmed maintenance, installation and testing
6) On-site commissioning supervision
7) Performance demonstration and operator training
8) Performance monitoring with technical support program
9) Personnel instruction
10) Production and transport
11) Prompt after sales assistance
12) Research and materials testing
13) Specialized technical support